Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Fall and Renewed Friendships


Seat from an old school desk

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to renew a past friendship from 30 years ago. After finding out, Jane, my long lost friend, had the junking/thrifting bug like me and lived only a four hour drive away, we planned to meet in person. We made a day of it, stopping at local thrift stores, a quick stop for lunch, and a lot of catching up on where our lives had led us.

 In one of the thrift shops we visited, I found this old wooden school desk seat. I had been looking for a bench or chair of some type to fill up a spot at my front door where my pots of flowers had been. With life so crazy, I rarely remembered to water the flowers and they had all died. I needed something that required no care. After making sure it would fit in my trunk I purchased it for $25.00.


Happy Fall

 In catching up on where our lives had led us, Jane and I found out that not only do we have the junking/thrifting bug, we also have our own blogs check hers out at http://floradoora.blogspot.com/ , we both love to sew, and both have Etsy shops where we sell our sewing creations! Who would have thought that 30 years later, we would find ourselves with such similar lives!

Thank you Jane for such a fun day!

Karla 

2 comments:

  1. Karla, The bench is perfect on your beautiful
    front porch! I love how you added the pumpkins.
    We had such a fun time together thrift shopping
    and catching up! I hope we can do it again someday!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete