Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Greetings


Remember These?
(Courtesy of: The Caravan Collection)


Yes, it's that time of year again, when the holiday greeting cards start to trickle into our mail box. It's also a reminder to me, that I haven't even thought about, let alone bought, our holiday cards for the season. How this became my holiday responsibility is still a mystery to me.  I enjoy getting the holiday picture cards the most so I oblige back. I  begin to scour the picture library in my computer for appropriate pictures that I can use.


DBH and Me

 This picture was taken when DBH's son Chris got married this year. Pretty much the only time we "dressed up" this year as we tend to be the jeans and T-shirt type. The wedding theme was black, red, and white, hence the black outfits.


All of our "human children" are grown and living on their own. So our "other" children find their faces on our holiday picture cards now.  Mia's accomplishment for the year was when she graduated with honors from Basic Dog Obedience. Being only 6lbs, she stood her ground against those two 160lb Mastiffs that were in her class. Not sure who ended up better trained, Mia or DBH.


Fillip had a sabbatical of sorts this year while I found myself helping to care for my elderly parents, with my mother dying this spring of  Alzheimers'. I'm now back in the saddle again riding and both Fillip and I are enjoying  "our time" together.


Oliver and Zan

We added another house cat this year when Zan came to live with us while my son Matt went to Australia to live.  Oliver is still warming up to the idea that there is another cat in the house. Zan and Mia have become great friends and play wildly. I think eventually Oliver will come around to the idea that Zan may be here to stay.


Seasons Greetings 2011

 With Walgreens online photo store and my computer picture library, I was able to design, order, and pick up my holiday greeting cards all on the same day. Pretty amazing to me, when I think about what we had to do in the "old" days to get a holiday picture greeting card. Now all I have left to do is address them and drive to Postmaster Scott's mail box in Lowell, FL.



Wishing you all a Blessed and Happy Holiday Season


Karla, DBH, Mia, Fillip, Oliver, and Zan 



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family and Christmas card!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get the real card! Don't think I will be sending cards this year. Maybe Valentines day cards? Merry Christmas!
    Ki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to hear the stories behind the pictures! Merry Christmas, Karla! K

    ReplyDelete